Monday, March 31, 2008

73 Finally finished building tracks...

Here is the final product. There are some cosmetic things to clean up, and maybe a support or two to add - but it's all done. Here is a somewhat long video showing how it will move when it's plugged in. This is with a 10 rpm motor which delivers a marble @ just about 3 per minute.

6ft high by 6ft wide. All stainless steel construction. The wood ring is made from Walnut with a nice oil/wax finish. See here for in progress photos of the ring being built. http://www.rollingballsculpture.com/?attachment_id=1030

I didn't build the ring myself as I like to work in metal....

If you'd like to see the video in full size, instead of reduced size and quality, then download it directly to your desktop: http://www.rollingballsculpture.com/images/VIDEO/73TakeFive.wmv

2 comments:

biggearhead said...

Love the blog. Thanks for sharing all your information on the construction of RB sculptures. I've just started working on the idea of building one myself, and your thoughts are much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

This one is amazing! I'm excited to see where you go from here.